CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS? ABBOTT REDUCED THIR FUNDS NOW TURNBULL HAS
Funding reduced at corporate regulator ASIC amid banking royal commission revelations - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
Funding is being cut at Australia's corporate regulator and staffing levels will be reduced, according to figures in Tuesday's federal budget.
- ASIC will lose $28 million in Government funding over next three years
- Average staffing levels will drop by 2 per cent — 30 positions — next financial year
- ABC understands reduction is largely related to specific programs winding up
- Average staffing levels will be reduced next year by 2 per cent, or 30 positions. Budget 2018:ABC Starved of Oxygen
"ABC the funding cuts applied to other government agencies."Bolt
1) The ABC isn't "another" government agency it's a Statuary Independent Body belonging to the Australian Public. It's not another agency.
2) Its Independence has been abused by 2 decades of conservative governments by simply calling "No Cuts to the ABC "efficiency measures" and robbing the public broadcaster of $250 million dollars so they can say it's not fulfilling its charter. The ABC's funding has been going backwards and that's proved it's efficiency despite efforts to shackle it. Abbott has proved just how scared he is of the truth, not the ABC
3) The ALP is the only Party that recognizes the integrity of an Independent media whose chairpersons have all had connections to conservative governments. Yes, they will take the restoration of the ABC to the next election.
4) " In the coming year Australians will head to the polls for the next federal election. More than 80 percent of Australians value the ABC, a point that should not be lost on anyone seeking government, Guthrie
That is not a threat it's a statement of truth 80% of the public do trust the ABC. Only a right-wing Conservative can interpret a fact as a threat.