DEFEND PETER RIDD FROM THE WARMIST CENSORS
"I have no reason to think he hasn't done his teaching and his research in a highly competent and professional manner he happens to question the politically correct orthodoxy about man-made global warming."Abbott
1) Why doe Abbott protects himself with the phrase " I have no reason to think he hasn't done his teaching and his research in a highly competent and professional manner" He doesn't sound too certain does he? Is it because his peer group don't?
2) The fact is Peter Ridd hasn't debated the issue as a scientist but simply as a denier where is his highly peer-reviewed and competent research? Andrew Bolt is a denier does that mean he has the qualifications to become a member of the Marine Science Department at James Cook? I'm sure he thinks so.
3) True science has looked at the facts published their results had them reviewed and has continued to do further and further research. It hasn't stopped and the results keep pointing to the facts such that 97% of scientists agree that the planet is warming due to human activity. a) that the Great Barrier Reef is in danger and b) that danger is a direct consequence of global warming.
4) There is a world of sceptics out there using a methodology that's proved itself to be the best epistemological basis for man's knowledge of the physical world outside him and its called Science. The majority of scientists agree despite being sceptics in the true sense and not flippant deniers for any other illogical reason such as Abbott's " true science is what corresponds with the actual facts out there and that's what we have to get to the bottom of."
5) The fact is Mr Abbott the ship is in and science agrees while it's the non-scientists who are the flim-flam men trying to run the narrative. The only attack on science is coming from idiots like Bolt who claims to be a sceptic and calls science just another religion and offering no epistemological basis on which to pin his greater wisdom/
I grew up Jewish, in an environment strongly supportive of the Israeli state. But I don’t support the way Israel treats the Palestinians, particularly when they slaughter unarmed people as they did this week.
Many Israelis oppose their own government’s treatment of the Palestinians. Left-leaning Israelis vote against Prime Minister Netanyahu, and they oppose Trump’s inflammatory decision to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem. The same is true of millions of Jews here in the United States.
Of course, Palestinians protest. Life has gotten worse for Palestinians since I visited, particularly in Gaza. Some call Gaza an “open-air prison” and compare Israel’s treatment of Palestinians to South Africa’s apartheid. If Israel has a problem with Palestinians protesting, improving those conditions makes more sense than killing people.
Calling anyone who critiques the Israeli government’s policies and actions “anti-Semitic” may be a useful way to silence dissent, but it’s not at all accurate.
Israel is not Judaism. We can and should have a healthy debate about Israel’s policies and U.S. policy on Israel, just like we debate anything else in politics.
Tamimi child arrested againAlso on Sunday, Israeli undercover agents disguised as Palestinian civilians arrested teenager Muhammad Fadel Tamimi in the occupied West Bank village of Nabi Saleh for allegedly throwing stones.
Muhammad was forced into a civilian car with Palestinian licence plates and taken to a West Bank detention centre.
Muhammad was released hours later after he was determined to be in poor health.
The 15-year-old is recovering from devastating head injuries after being shot with a rubber-coated metal bullet fired at close range in December.
One-third of Muhammad’s skull was removed as a result of his injury.
Muhammad was arrested by Israeli forces in February while awaiting major reconstructive surgery and forced to falsely confess, without a lawyer or a parent present, that his skull injuries were incurred after he fell off his bike.
His 17-year-old cousin, Ahed Tamimi, was sentenced to eight months in an Israeli prison for slapping and shoving two heavily armed Israeli soldiers shortly after Muhammad was shot.
Adelaide Archbishop Philip Wilson has been found guilty of concealing child sexual abuse in NSW.