Wednesday 7 December 2022

Fighting Fake News with REAL 7/12/22, Right to Protest, Aus Democracy, Perrttet, Robert Reich's Xmas, Linda Reynolds,

 

 
 Sydney toddler jailed for 15 months for unnecessarily stopping traffic

“This was a calculated action to disrupt traffic in Sydney"



Deanna 'Violet' Coco (Image: Supplied)

According to Peter Dutton she should count herself lucky she’s not in a country where she could have been shot

If you are seeing this campaign, then I have been sentenced to prison for peaceful environmental protest. On April 14, I stopped a truck on the Harbour Bridge with my firefighter friend to draw attention to the climate and ecological emergency, and to the fact our firefighters do not have the tools they need to protect us.

Source: Deanna ‘Violet’ Coco on her arrest and why she protested

 No photo description available.


Friends,

‘Tis the time to do our gift-buying for the holidays — and fill every recipient’s shelves and closets with more stuff. I wrote some of this last year at around this time, but so many of you suggested I do so again that I saw the wisdom of a bit of recycling today.

I for one don’t want anything more, thank you. My shelves are already overflowing with books. My attic is full of old chairs and tables, chafing dishes, pictures, games, children’s toys, ski equipment, stereos, a broken easel. My closet can’t fit any more clothes, most of which I haven’t worn in years. I’m drowning in stuff.

Once a year (usually around the holidays), I drop off as much old stuff as I can at Goodwill Industries or the Salvation Army.

» article continues...
 

Do We Really Need More Stuff? A Proposal for a Recycled Economy

 

I would love to know how much she has tried to help the prosecution case with tips. I guess we will never know.

Source: Linda Reynolds – it is time to resign – The Echo

by Robert Reich | December 5, 2022 - 7:57am | permalink

No comments: