Sunday 31 May 2020

Fighting Fake News with REAL 31/5/20; Propaganda hides the REALvirus and Trump can't put a lid on it; White is a privilege internalised over 500 years









 
If it wasn't so tragic, it would be laughable: the political brigands in North America and Europe are fuming, spitting and rolling their eyes upwards towards the ceiling. They are pointing fingers in all directions, shouting incoherently "China!", "Russia!", "Venezuela and Cuba!", "Iran!"; "You, You, YOU!".
China and Russia are quietly building a new world, which includes brand new infrastructure, factories and entire neighborhoods for the people. Hospitals are being constructed, and so are universities, parks, concert halls and public transportation networks. Both countries are doing all this quickly and noiselessly, and with great determination. And despite sanctions and embargos, they never shout back at the salivating, angry mouths of the Western gurus of brainwashing.

 Propaganda, hysteria and truly foul breath in the West

 White people should acknowledge they DO have privilege & life IS easier for them. Only then world’s racial wounds can be healed 

 White people should acknowledge they DO have privilege & life IS easier for them. Only then world’s racial wounds can be healed

White privilege doesn’t mean white people don’t suffer, but, given all other factors are equal, a white person will have an easier time than a person of color in a society shaped by white supremacy for many generations.My ancestors came to Australia as prisoners, and some almost certainly would have played some role in the genocide against the people who’d been living here for more than 65,000 years before them. And now I live in a society that is dominated by whiteness, and I’ve benefited from that. I’ve never had cause to fear for my life in the presence of a police officer, in fact I’ve never hesitated to call them if I’ve needed their help. I had an easy youth because my parents came from the race that has been favored by generations of white supremacist policies in Australia. Media I consumed growing up consistently featured people who were the same color as me, consistently feeding me through my formative years the message that I can accomplish anything I want in life. I’ve gotten jobs because I understand the subtleties of white culture enough to know how to speak and dress for different interviews, and because I had many white contacts (it’s not what you know, it’s who you know). There are people who pay attention to my words today who wouldn’t give them as much respect if they appeared next to a profile picture with dark skin. There are many other advantages I’ve had that I can’t even know about, since I’ve never lived a day in brown skin.
 A protest over the death of George Floyd in Los Angeles. Floyd died in police custody Monday in Minneapolis.US President Donlad Trump did not rush to comfort the nation and quell protests.

No comments: